You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, March 14, 2010

54mm Gladiators: Green update


Just wanted to post a quick photo update of what I'm doing with my latest gladiators.
From left to right are a provocator (using a murmillo body), a scissor (using a secutor body), and a dimachaerus whose head I've replaced with a thraex helmet. On the dimachaerus, I've also added a high greave on the left leg, a small oval greave on the right leg, and a simple manica on his left arm.

I gave up trying to make a proper chopping blade for the scissor's left (gauntleted) arm. So I did a simple dagger blade (hard to see in the photo), essentially making this fellow a heavily armored dimachaerus. His chainmail coat was simple to do (and simple looking); It was just greenstuff with a bunch of holes poked into it.

Hopefully, wherever my greenstuff skills have failed me, I'll be able to cover up with some good painting.

I ordered some new bases late last week and don't expect them until Wednesday or Thursday. So I'll have to wait for them to show up before I can start painting most of anything (I like to paint with the base on). On Monday, I'll start priming everything (three gladiators, two boxers and two ACW Rebels.) I DO have bases for the ACW Rebs, one of whom will be put to the brush first.

No comments:

Post a Comment