You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, June 6, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: First hunter is finished


Here's my caveman test piece (shown next to the figure from which it was converted.) He painted up pretty fast. I like the lighter savannah-type basing, though I'm gonna base the remainder of the figures after they are painted instead of before (as I did this one); I had to constantly blow away rogue strands of static grass. I based this one before painting because I was eager to see if my basing mix would look all right.

The only thing I don' like is his left arm has a touch of the Popeye muscles; Chalk that one up to novice sculpting on my part. But I'm too danged happy at how well he turned out for my first try at this much sculpting/converting to care about a deformed arm. Everything else turned out as good or better than I had expected.

Going back to the base, I'm glad I chose clay poker chips. This one (and a couple others I've started) took the primer, paint and glue (for basing) very well. The chips are also easy to score to provide a better surface to take glue.
"I see your prehistoric hunter and I raise you a shaman."

No comments:

Post a Comment