You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

54mm Waiteri tribe: First hunter



Here is my "First" hunter. He's not first in the order I painted him, but rather he is the most senior/adept/skilled warrior of the tribe.

I think I've settled on a reasoning for the warpaint: All the spiritual characters -- shaman, fire maker -- as well as all the hunters will wear paint; all of those characters needing the most help from the spirit world. This leaves a few scouts and the chief without paint. It will be a good mix.
The spotted design in the paint represents the spots of blood leaked from the moon during the creation of the Waiteri (mentioned here.)

And , whaddya know, it's already been a month since I ordered these figures! This past week or so, I thought I was moving too fast with these figures. I guess I've only finished five and have seven or eight to go (as well as a couple small camp dogs which I would like replace with larger hunting dogs.) This also doesn't include the four or five figures I plan on ordering soon.

Bringing me to a quick question: Does anyone have a suggestion for a prehistoric tribal character they'd like to see added to this tribe using one of Bronze Age Miniature's generic figures as the base? Let me know! I'll probably be putting in a small order toward the end of this week.

This has turned into one of my more enjoyable summer projects. I probably won't be doing too many 28mm figures except for those done for my friends and me for D&D. I'm sure there will also be the random figure that just happens to catch my fancy. But I want to cut my teeth more with the sculpting on some of the 54s.

1 comment:

  1. Torak, Renn & wolf from Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, great books bought for my daughter to begin with, but by the end of the series I was getting them for myself. Spot on for the time frame I think?

    A great series of figures, love your work.

    All the best

    Airhead

    ReplyDelete