You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reaper: No. 2832 Ogre Chietain and No. 2765 Astral Reaver(s)

Here are a couple of Jeff's figures I've had for a little too long. The first is No. 2832 Ogre Chieftain. He was actually kinda fun to paint. He had a lot of stuff to paint, but I kept it simple by using the same base brown for almost everything; I simply took the highlighting further on some items (such as the leg wrappings, for example.)

The other figure is actually one of three figures in a pack, No. 2765 Astral Reavers. And, AND, I had that skin painted blue long before anyone knew what "Avatar" was. But Jeff loved the movie, so he'll probably enjoy this figure.I like the look of these reavers. I was thinking of getting a pack for myself for playing "Fairy Meat." There's nothing of note to mention about painting this figure. It did have a few tiny details, but the figure was simple enough otherwise.

I enjoyed painting both of these. I think part of it is because I'm getting back into the 28mm painting groove after a long stint with 42s, 54s, awesome little rocketships, and some adventures in sculpting. I'm sure I'll be back to doing all of that stuff, though. But, for now, a few more fantasy figures. Maybe I'll find some Dark Sun and Gamma World stuff to do later.

Ogre Cheiftain

Astral Reaver

2 comments: