You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Qwik 54mm: Dirt Dog driver


Here's the next member of my Dirt Dog team. I painted him and the chainsaw driver at the same time, that's how I got this figure finished so fast. Since they were the same pose, I thought it would help the painting go as little faster.

I deliberately kept this sculpt more primitive. I want him to look more as if he's a replacement player for the team. Keeping him primitive helps me to connect him (somewhat) back to my Waiteri tribe, thus tying all of my 54mm figures together. I didn't want to paint him as a Waiteri because my Macello team is painted up in those very colors (tattoos,) and I don't want the players/teams to be confused during gameplay.

Nothing else of note on this figure to mention except that the spiked weapon head is from a Games Workshop orc.

1 comment: