You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, June 23, 2012

Apocalators WIP: Mutant Cutto

Here's the next figure I'll be painting for my post-apoc fighters. The figure was originally a large D&D prepainted Foulspawn. The figure stands almost exactly 54mm, so he fits in perfectly with my other fighters. He's the same height but with just a touch more mass.

The way his arm was posed made him a natural to be a Cutto class fighter. But since he was a big scary mutant, I gave him a big scary blade (instead of the usual shortsword or dagger blade such as on my other two cuttos).

I made the blade with a piece of plasticard. I used a triangular-sectioned microfile to make the serrated edge on the blade. To attach the blade to the cutto armor, I strapped a small length of brass rod to it (the reason for the wrappings at the base of the blade.)

The "besagew"-like piece is made using the wheel from a 28mm Russian maxim machinegun carriage. The strap is made from a piece of Neosporin tubing (toothpaste tubes will also work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment