You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Machinas: The last two cars (Caddys)

These are the last of the cars I will make for the Machinas; there's no more room in the carrying case. Well, there's a little bit of room, but if I use that space, it'll be for a based wreck or to hold my proper Chariots for Charioteer.

The first vehicle (Seer Class) is a '53 Cadillac (I'm not sure what the exact model is- I'm going off the Hot Wheels wiki page which says what most of these cars are based off of.) You might recognize the armament it's sporting; that's my scratch built .50 Cal. I made originally for my Studebaker pickup. I think  my .50 fits this Cadillac just fine.
And yes, that's the top half of an office chair in the back; my gunner needs to be comfortable. The seet and back are made with green stuff, and connected with a small piece of brass rod.

The second vehicle is another new favorite. Hot Wheels wiki calls it the Evil Twin and says it's based on a "Custom 50s Cadillac." Since it's a "twin," I named mine Gemini. I saw this model on Amazon and knew I would be adding it to my collection; it's got Machinas written all over it.
In between the two large engines is my large scratch built vulcan cannon; oh yeah, it fits. The vulcan makes this car a Heavy Ahead class in the Machinas races.

I have just a few other things to do to complete my Machinas range. I need to make stat cards for the rest of the cars; I want to spruce up the track just a touch (add a little more color and maybe some static grass here and there); and I want to get a few random pics to post a small gallery so you all can see multiple views of all the cars. All in good time.

1 comment: