You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, September 26, 2013

42mm Samurai: Archer converted; ready to paint


Not much new, just keeping a log of progress. This is also a better picture of the raw figure, so you can take a look at Steve's fine work (there's even some "tread" of straw on the bottom of that sandal.)

The figure is all converted with a new bow, strung with an arrow. I drilled a hole through the hand to feed the string through. Before that, I treated the string/twine with a small coat of superglue to give it strength and add a little rigidity. I also drilled a shallow hole/notch between his first two fingers so the arrow would sit nicely

The arrowhead was made with just a couple hits with the hammer, and a bit of filing. The vanes were made with thick paper, cut with an X-acto knife and placed with tweezers and superglue. They came out a touch larger than I wanted, but not enough to bother me.

The figure is also primed; I'll probably start painting tonight. Probably a saffron kimono/hakama and a black undershirt. It should be done by the weekend.

1,000 posts!
I wasn't paying attention, but somewhere a half dozen posts ago was my 1,000th blog post. That's a lot of gab about minis. I don't think I even have 1,000 minis- I hope I don't have 1,000 minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment