You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, October 25, 2013

54mm Machinas: Col. Jack's WIP


This one went together fast- mostly because I had the parts (snorkel, exhaust, guns) built before the car arrived. I still have a bunch of baggage to add to the back, but the build is otherwise finished.

Plenty of spare parts!
A minor problem I had with this car was the front axle had a little too much play to it, and the wheels were rubbing up against the chassis. I fixed this by adding some custom-built plastic spacers that hold the wheels in place.

I also pondered seeing if I could drop the body a bit for that custom, lead-sled look, but decided against it when I couldn't easily get the wheels off the axles (Maybe I could, but the wheels were plastic, and I was worried about breaking the hubs.)

I did gut the interior and made off with a nice pile of 54mm bits, including the better part of an engine. I'll probably add a blower to the engine and add it to my ram car (when I get a ram car, that is.) Not sure yet what to do with the seats, steering wheel and front bumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment