You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, October 13, 2013

Back in the Day: D&D

Some of Jeff's old school figures I painted a little while back.
Just read this nice little story about a blogger's first experiences with D&D. It reminded me of my own first games. Though, I remember playing D&D for the first time (with my buddy Chris Smith in 1984,) my first rpg was Gamma World, GM'd by my baby sitter's older sister.

You can read Cory's story here.

My friend Bryon is painting some of his old school figures on and off. I also still have some of Jeff's old TSR figures (from the late 80s or early 90s) yet to paint (as well as the Bones figs,) so you might see some more old school in the future. In the meantime, my new Qwik team is on its way, as are a couple new 1:32 scale cars. The post-apocalypse will be returning here for a little while.

This post is about D&D, but I cut my rpg teeth on 2nd edition Gamma World.

No comments:

Post a Comment