You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Sunday, May 8, 2016

Satys's Orphans update: Heavies and Chaplain WIP

Just a quick post to show the current progress of my Space Hulk company/Space Marine Chapter-- yeah, about that; I don't think I'll ever actually buy enough figures to field an army of my chapter, so I think I will go the company route and use my terminators as an ad hoc force -- still called Satys's orphans, with all the same lore and origins, just with a smaller force; I had only ever intended on using them with Space Hulk in any case.

Anyway, back to the figures. Tonight, I finished the last of the heavies. I have a pair of assault cannons, a plasma cannon and a flamer. I might add another flamer later (I still have a large squad's worth of other termies in my original copy of Space Hulk.)

The assault cannon carrier to the far right is a minor conversion, using an arm swap. Instead of the regular pose in which he's just spraying and praying, this one has the terminator pointing at his targets -- "calling his shots," as I tell my friends.

I also finished assembling my chaplain conversion. To make space for his crozius, I lopped off the chainfist and moved it over to the bolter for a combi-weapon (is that how that works? Yeah, I'm still a noob -- sort of.)
I like this pose; to me, it looks like he's waving his comrades toward battle saying, "Penance is this way, you sonsofbitches!"

As for non-chapter specific figures, I'm missing only a terminator with a Cyclone missile launcher, and an apothecary. The apothecary, I hope to remedy soon. I just need the right bits. I might even be able to make my own. With an apothecary, I'll have plenty of characters to form a pretty good command squad: Librarian, Captain, Apothecary, Chaplain, Standard Bearer, and Champion. I'll nominate one of my extra heavies as the champion why not :)


No comments:

Post a Comment